Tests & Inspections
The following will outline the scope of work of the annual and monthly Fire Extinguisher tests and inspections, as mandated in the Ontario Fire Code and prescribed in NFPA 10.
We can help your organization achieve and maintain compliance with fire code legislation.
Get an Inspection Quote Today
Maintenance and testing of portable extinguishers shall be in conformance with NFPA 10, “Portable Fire Extinguishers”.
** Portable extinguishers must be serviced by a qualified technician in accordance with NFPA 10. **
A complete annual inspection of fire extinguishers as per NFPA 10, including the following:
- Inspect extinguisher and mounting hardware for apparent physical damage, leakage, corrosion or missing parts.
- Inspect hose and nozzle for signs of deterioration and/or obstruction.
- Conduct tests to verify proper condition and reading of pressure guage.
- Inspect the lockpin, seal and tamper indicators.
- Tag and record all test and inspections on an extinguisher tag (one per extinguisher).
- Supply a complete set of documentation outlining the scope of the test and inspection.
Portable extinguishers shall be inspected monthly.
** A record of this inspection shall be recorded on the tag located on the portable extinguisher or in a maintenance log book. **
Every month the following fire extinguisher inspection procedure shall be performed in accordance with OFC requirements:
- Inspect extinguishers and mounting hardware for apparent physical damage, corrosion, leakage or missing components.
- Inspect extinguisher nozzle for apparent physical damage, corrosion, leakage, or missing components.
- Conduct visual inspection of the pressure gauge to verify proper reading.
- Inspection lock pin, seal and tamper indicators.
- Sign the tag to verify the monthly inspection.
- Supply a complete set of documentation of the test and inspection to building owner within 15 days of completion.