Tests & Inspections
The following will outline the scope of work of the annual and monthly Fire Hose tests and inspections, as mandated in the Ontario Fire Code and prescribed in NFPA 1962.
We can help your organization achieve and maintain compliance with fire code legislation.
Get an Inspection Quote Today
(1) Standpipe hose shall be inspected and re-racked annually and after use, and any worn hose or gaskets in the couplings at the hose valves and at the nozzle replaced.
(2) When hose is re-racked as required in Sentence (1), it shall be done so that any folds will not occur at the same places.
A complete annual inspection of hoses as per NFPA 1962, including the following:
- Inspect Fire Hose for damage, cuts, or mildew.
- Inspect all valves and nozzles.
- Re-rack Hoses arranging folds at different
- Visually inspect the entire fire hose cabinet for damage to glass, lock,
- Supply a complete set of documentation of the Test and Inspection.
Every month the following fire hose inspection procedure shall be performed in accordance with OFC and NFPA requirements:
- Conduct a visual inspection of the fire hose for cuts, damage or mold.
- Conduct a viual inspection of all valves and nozzles.
- Conduct a visual inspection of the hose cabinet to verify condition of glass, cork, etc.
- Supply documentation of the test and inspection.